Thursday, August 12, 2010

PODCAST: Bringing lectures and seminars on cyberspace

We have a major production in my BC 148 or Interactive Broadcasting class and that is to make a video podcast on How to's but that I have not started yet. I know, my partner Ivy and I will air our production on the 19th yet I have not started it.

I may not have started doing the assigned podcast in class but I have started podcasting a lecture on the web! It was the lecture of Dr. Ed Portugal in our BA 101 class. To know the story about the lecture click here. If you wanna hear the entire playlist of the podcast click here. To check my podcast channel on podbean, click here.  

Yesterday afternoon, while I got a chance to get out of my Comm 140 classroom to buy some snakcs, I saw Ma'am Data and asked her if she knows a free host for podcasts. She suggested Podcast Ally but when I checked it out, it was not really my type of thing so I googled for other free hosts. Then I found PodBean and I was interested on that site so I decided to make an account there where I can upload my podcasts.

I am pleased knowing that internet applications nowadays such as Podcasts and even RSS Feed, allow you to share your stuff on the cyberspace and makes it viral- reaching larger audience. I believe that it is one of the most significant tasks of the internet and that is to share what you know to contribute to others knowledge as well. It's a mutual relationship among producers and prod-users.

BC 148 does not only teach you the know-hows on the net but also teaches you the value of sharing and acknowledging the source. It's not that I am not for the productions it's just that I am not the production type of guy. As a matter of fact, I do not want to have production classes since I think it kills you. This class has a production but the type of prod that makes you enjoy it while doing it.

There you go, I have to end blogging now since I need to start doing the script of the podcast production since Ivy might get really even at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment