Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hello, Ladies. ;)



Sooo, I made this mash-up dedicated to two of the things I love the most about this year: INCEPTION and AXE OLD SPICE. This is just a 30-second video, using the audio from the Axe Old Spice commercial starring Isaiah Mustafa, and clips from the Inception trailer. Strutting!Leo + Hello!Ladies = love. :))

-------------------

As human beings who like to create new things, we would love to assume that what we thought of and created is entirely original, because these are our ideas, our own concepts. But we have to face the fact that nothing is original anymore, and that there are laws that we have to abide by in order to function in this world, to maintain the "natural order of things" aka we don't get sued for copyright infringement, plagiarism, and the like. :)) That is why no matter how much I would like to claim that my idea for this mash-up is mine, the content I used aren't. And I would eventually have to credit the original "owners" of these content.

In a way, that thought is indeed stifling. Having to watch our backs and properly crediting is the way to go if we want to continue publishing and sharing on the net, because the owners to the rights of copyrighted material will sue us. Everything comes with a price these days. Harhar. :)) But then again, there are still a lot of people who get away with it. The intarnets is just too vast, and maybe someday, even I can get away with it. (But I can't really do that now lest I want the professor to kill me, jk. :P)

- Dove Subingsubing

No comments:

Post a Comment