Thursday, September 30, 2010

Women of Disney

by Charm

If there is one thing I really enjoy in life, it’s dreaming of becoming a princess! Haha. That’s why I never get tired of watching Disney princesses. When I was conceptualizing for my mash-up, I thought of the things I want in life, the things that make me happy. And obviously, one of the items on top of the list is “Disney Princesses.” My mash-up was really, really simple. I just wanted to convey that the Disney princesses should not only be admired by little girls. They are in fact women. Thus, I wanted them to be a reflection of what a woman is. A woman encounters challenges, experiences failures, finds love, and makes the society a better place. J

While doing the project, I think downloading the videos was the most difficult part. I lost all of my CD’s and DVD’s because of Ondoy. So I had to search Youtube for the clips I want. There were a lot of Disney movies in Youtube so I guess Disney allows some clips to be uploaded. I didn’t encounter any copyright issues except for Youtube’s notice:

Dear charmee18,

Your video, WOMEN OF DISNEY, may have content that is owned or licensed by Sony Music Entertainment.

No action is required on your part; however...


I still am not receiving any further notices and hopefully shall never encounter any problems regarding the video. My mash-up is actually a promotion for Disney and the song Firewoman so I think Disney and Sony should be thankful for that. :)


Here's my mash-up!


No comments:

Post a Comment