Monday, July 19, 2010

Animal Instinct and Green Minds

It suddenly occurred to me that I already had an advocacy way before this class even started. I am a member of the Greenpeace email ring. I totally forgot about it! Shame on me for not being green-minded enough. Shame on me for actually forgetting that I signed up for this. So my resolution: Be active and participate. You'll just have to wait and see how that turns out!

And then this lead to me thinking about this new organization that I recently joined: PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals). One of the things mentioned on their site was how people should strive not to eat animals, and instead go green = vegetarian. As a carnivore with such a humongous love for pork, this hit a chord in me. I cringe at the thought of seeing a cute piggie killed but at the same time I love the taste of liempo. So there lies the problem. Now, I'm considering trying to become a vegetarian. It's not impossible, I've seen it done before. Case in point: My high school friend hated veggies with a passion. As in she wouldn't even go near them much less eat them. Then 2 years ago, she decided to become a vegetarian. Not even a pesco vegetarian, you know, the type who eat fish and other seafood? No, she went full veggie-mode. And well, she's still one now. She doesn't even crave for meat anymore. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the idea. Taking my cue from Inception (awesome movie!), I will try to toy with this idea. So again, we'll see how this turns out. In the meantime, I'll surely observe the other tenets of becoming a champion for animals!

And this concludes my post. Lol.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment