Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Advocacy

I wanted to be active with TFK but I have problem contributing to their causes because it's based in the US. So I decided to join Greenpeace since it has both a global and local (the Philippines) reach. Plus protecting the environment is really something I believe in ever since I'm a child.
I decided to be an online activist for Greenpeace....

I submit pledges, read their blogs, tweet about the cause, join their facebook page and uploa
d anything about Greenpeace in my facebook account. Here's some of them:
1. I joined and submitted a pledge about protecting our Marine Reserves
I watched the documentary "Drop into the ocean" posted on the Greenpeace website. It's another eye-opener for me because it showed how bad we really are in treating the environment. SO I sign-up for the pledge and I posted it on my wall so that more
people would know about it.
Anyhow here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdo-YUFZd6c

2. I also scroll some of the related causes to Greenpeace. And I found climateandhealthcare.org. I joined their cause on prescription for a healthy planet. They particularly prescribe to ban toxic materials like mercury from all healthcare institutions. I just remembered the old days when i had to
stuck mercurial thermometer on the armpit of my patients and worrying at the same time that maybe it would accidentally break. Tsk.tsk. I will surely panic about the mercury splashing on the floor and causing health hazard. But at least now there is a call for a health-friendly climate policy even in health sectors.

3. I tweet and utilize my facebook account to let people know about greenpeace and about my cause in helping the environment. And I really want to attend the greenpeace orientation for its members. I hope I can come to their next orientation.

I guess I'm having fun with my advocacy. At least now I'm one of those who tell people: "Hey, pick-up your crap and love our environment more."

No comments:

Post a Comment