Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fur PETA!

So, the organization I chose to support is PETA. :) And so far, most of what I've been doing for PETA are sign-ups and pledges. Here's a rundown of what they are so far:
  • I pledged never to go to a circus that uses animals. Ever since I was a kid, I've never been really fond of amusement places that used animals (yes, that included zoos). I've sworn off going to Ocean Adventure and even Manila Zoo. I could still semikindasorta clearly remember one field trip (Manila Zoo) when I was in elementary and I hated how drab and ill the animals looked.
  • Signed a petition to revoke Ringling's license to exhibit animals. This is especially for their "Elephants Never Forget" campaign, in support of the revoking of Ringling's (the circus) license to exhibit animals. The animals, in particular the elephants, are being taken away from their parents at a very young age, and are trained in very harsh and unsuitable conditions. For more information, do visit http://features.peta2.com/neverforget/default.asp?c=p2_ea
  • Signed a pledge not to support corporations that abuse animals in cruel and unnecessary tests. PETA has a list of products and companies that do and don't test on animals. The list can be found at http://search.caringconsumer.com/
There's so much that can be done at the PETA website, it's all just a matter of how one may be able to apply and actualize. :OOO (And IMO, it takes a lot of willpower and passion, haha~)

BTW, that "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" is interestingly, the first image result on Google when I searched for PETA. Hahahaha! And also, most of the image results in the first page where also from the same campaign. Lulz.

- Dove Subingsubing

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I like this one. PETA sure does a lot of things right. And they're very open to volunteers. I admire their passion for protecting the animals. It's really fun. :)

    ReplyDelete