Tuesday, July 13, 2010

An Experience with a Twist

I have done my collaborative work with someone I never knew from the internet. It is quite exciting to do this project. I searched for photos on Flickr.com without really knowing what I wanted to create. Then suddenly, one photo appealed to me and I had a sudden burst of idea of what I would do.


The picture was pretty relaxing and very inspiring to look at that I remembered one of the songs we sing at church, Lead Me Lord. So the quest for acquiring it began.

I sent a flickr message to the owner of the photo and well, I received a positive response.

Now I met a new friend online. The owner of the photo, Vearl Brown, was really generous to have considered my request. I was really happy then. There were some little dilemmas such as how the photo will be sent to me and in what size but it was easily managed.

Being inspired by the song I remembered, I used a line from it and put it in my project.

I'm no expert in photo editing, but I really liked my work because the experience was really different. Not only did I get to do a project done, I was able to meet a new friend, too! Now that's a different kind of twist. :)

Thanks to Vearl Brown for the raw photo.
Lyrics from the song Lead Me Lord by Gary Valenciano.

No comments:

Post a Comment